Friday, May 22, 2015

It's the end of the year! Let's count down!!

                              

Hi friends! Kelly here from Sweet Sounds of Kindergarten! 

I don't know about all of you, but this pretty much sums up how I am feeling right now: 

Between benchmark testing, grades, and cleaning up my classroom, I am worn out!! Not to mention that my district still hasn't had open house yet!! We won't have it until next week.. it's so late in the year!! 
Although I am busy, and super worn out, I am trying to enjoy these last few weeks with my kiddos. We all need to have a little fun! I know that my kids are excited for Summer, so I am embracing it… we are counting down in Room 12!
                                                   

We do a subtraction problem every morning during calendar time to see how many days we have left! My kiddos don't know it, but they are getting a sneak peek at 2nd grade Math & regrouping :) 

Last year in my Kinder classroom, I counted down a little differently. I used a balloon countdown taped to my classroom door. Inside each balloon was a little activity or something fun for my kiddos to do before we went home each day! Check out my blog post about it by clicking on the picture below. Head over there to grab your FREE COUNTDOWN!

I am also hard at work making memory books for my first graders. They are getting special writing journals that aren't finished yet. Here's a pic of the memory books that I made for my Kinders last year! 

Click on the picture below to read more about it on my blog: 


Something new that I am doing with my kiddos this year is my "Shine Like a Star" Craft! My kiddos are SO excited for 2nd grade next year, and this activity is really helping them to start thinking about what they think they will learn when they are big 2nd graders :) 
We are finishing our craft up today, and I hope to be able to share more pictures when they are done!


This craft is perfect for Back to School or The End of the Year! It's ONSALE in my store. 
Check it out: 



I leave you with a "sneak peek" of what my door is decorated like for Open House next week! I printed letters for my kiddos to decorate that said "Welcome to Room 12!" along with our school motto.. 
I then took a picture of each student holding their letter. 
The pictures are now hanging on our door with their adorable smiling faces. 
I just love how it turned out, and know that it will be perfect for Open House! 


Happy "end of the school year" friends!! Wishing you all a great last few weeks or days!! :) 




















No comments:

Post a Comment