Thursday, May 28, 2015

End Of Year Activity: Interviewing The Next Grade Level

Hi Primary Pack Peeps!!! :) It's me, Alisha from Missing Tooth Grins, to talk to you today!!

Do you notice a little more pep in my step today? Well, that's probably because I've been out of school since May 14th. I know, send the hate mail now. We started summer school up on May 19th and have two weeks left and then it's sweet, sweet summer in my world! I'm so ready to soak up the sun, some good books, and some quality creating time with my brand new spankin' laptop. Seriously, it's going to be glorious.

Anywho, I'm here to share with you a really fun end of year activity that I've done for two years now. My kids really enjoy it. We conduct interviews. I know, fancy business here in first grade land! We interview second graders all about being in second grade. I love it because they act really shy for like 2.5 seconds before they realize, "Oh hey, this kid is just like me" and then they're all sorts of fine. 

So, this is what we do. It all comes from my pack on TPT, Interviewing A Friend (Interview The Next Grade Level). There's a kindergarten, first grade, second grade, and third grade edition. 


To start, I teach my kids about how to interview. We talk about posture, using your voice, and how to properly shake hands. We also talk about who the interviewer is and who the interviewee is. That was a toughie for my kids this year.

Then, we practice! I pair my kids off into groups of two and they practice interview by interviewing each other about first grade! They are so adorable when they do this. I love to watch them shake hands and introduce themselves, even though they already know one another.


Next, it's time to go interview second grade! I don't have any pictures of this from this year, but the second graders really took initiative this year and even showed my kids around their classroom. I loved overhearing their conversations about their favorite spots in the room, what they use particular supplies for, etc. They truly got my kids so excited for second grade next year.


If you would like to try out a sample of this interview, you can grab a small sample by clicking the picture below!


Thank you for reading! Enjoy the rest of your school year to those of you still in school :)


No comments:

Post a Comment