Tuesday, January 20, 2015

100th Day, Hip Hip Hooray!

Hey everyone! It's Elyse from A is for Apples! I'll try not to brag, but I'm at work today without kids!! It's a teacher work day, and I have a long to-do list, but I'm determined to get a lot done today!

One of the things I'll be working on is prep for my 100th day of school. It's coming up on Feb. 2nd!


I love the 100th day of school!! I don't know why...maybe because I always start our 80 day countdown on the 100th day maybe it just gives me a reason to plan super fun activities all day long and let my kiddos have a good time while they're learning! 

My students love using my Sight Word Read-Trace-Write-Glue sentence pages so I've created some for the 100th day! I'll put these out as part of their morning work for the day. Quick and easy handwriting practice as well as sentence reading, writing, and sentence word order.

Click on the image to grab your freebie!!

Hopefully I'll do a full post of our eventful 100th day over on my blog, but here's one of my favorite things to do ... 
The Aging Booth app makes a picture of a person look "100 years old!" I take their pictures with the app prior to the 100th day and have the pictures printed. I don't show them the pictures until the 100th day of school when we do a writing about "when I'm 100 years old...." I love seeing their reactions when I hand them their pictures!!


What do you do for the 100th day of school?
Let us know in the comments so we can get some new, fun ideas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment