Monday, December 22, 2014

Holiday Baking- Tradition Meets Pintrest!

Hi friends, Kelly here from Sweet Sounds of Kindergarten. I'm here today to share some quick and easy holiday baking recipes with you, just in case you still are in search of the perfect recipe to try this holiday season!

Do any of you feel like this is you when you bake?? Because I definitely do!!

Tonight, I am SO excited that I will be having my annual holiday sugar cookie baking night with my two best friends. The three of us went to college and got our credentials together, but now we all teach at different schools and don't get to see each other as often as we would like. The one tradition that we started during college that we still try to honor each year is our cookie baking night and gift exchange. Part of the tradition is that we actually go over to my parent's house and do the baking there because that's where we used to go during our college days! We also use my mom's sugar cookie recipe that makes the most delicious cookies!! It is loosely based on an old Betty Crocker Recipe, with a few of her own twists added in.  

Here are some pics of me and my besties, Jessie & Carolyn, at a couple of our baking nights over the years. (Yes, that is me with flour on my face lol) 



And here is my mom's famous sugar cookie recipe. She totally gave me permission to share this here… I promise!! 


 We put sprinkles on the cookies before we bake them just for fun! And here is what the cookies look like when they are done!! So delicious!!!

And now for some of my favorite Pintrest recipes!! 

Cookie bars!! SO SO EASY!! I made these last year for my neighbors, and they loved them. Click on the link below to see this on Pintrest. 


Cake batter blondies!! Also, ridiculously easy. I made these last year too, and they were a BIG HIT!!


These little Hershey's Kiss cookies look so adorable, and easy to make too! These are on my "must try" list for this week while I'm off. 


Finally, this Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip looks just AMAZING!!! 



And, in honor of sharing recipes today, I thought I would leave you with this cute little meal planner that I made awhile ago. I try to plan my meals ahead of time each week, especially while I'm teaching. Writing it down, really helps me to stick to it! Click on the picture to head over to my blog & snag it for yourself to help stay organized in the New Year! 



And of course, I couldn't leave you without offering a teaching FREEBIE, just in case you have school in the back of your mind (I really hope not though!!). I just updated an old FREEBIE from my TPT store. Click on the picture below to check it out. 


Happy holidays sweet friends! I will see you next year!! 


2 comments:

  1. Your Cake Batter Blondies look delish and easy my two must haves for the holidays! I absolutely love making dessert but find most of my time is spent preparing the main dish and sides, so by the time I get around to dessert simplicity is key :0)
    Thanks for sharing, I've already pinned it and have the items on my shopping list...
    Happy Holidays,
    Melissa
    More Time 2 Teach

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tradition! I love that you do it at your parents house. So cute.
    I am going to try those batter blondies. They look delish!
    Thanks for sharing Kelly - Merry Christmas!!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete