Friday, December 19, 2014

DIY Salt Scrubs - A Simple, Easy Gift!

Hey everyone! It's Katie from Simply Creative in KY!
I'm here today to share with you a quick DIY gift for co-workers, friends, or family. Every year I make little gift for the wonderful ladies I work with, so I thought I'd share the recipe to a simple gift you can make quickly and easily!

Over Thanksgiving my super creative aunt had me try out a citrus salt scrub she had made and I fell in LOVE with it. Of course I asked for the recipe, and little did I know it is the EASIEST thing ever!

You need a few simple ingredients: coarse sea salt, table salt, olive oil, and a scented oil of your choice. If you shop at Hobby Lobby (don't we all?!), they have a bunch of different scented oils you can choose from. I ended up going with spearmint because I knew I could make it a pretty Christmas-y mint-green color.

The recipe is simple. In a bowl, mix together a cup of coarse sea salt and a cup of table salt. Slowly add in olive oil. The great thing is that you can use as much of these three ingredients as you want. Continue to stir it until it reaches the consistency that you like with your hand scrubs.

I'm so sorry that this is the only picture I have to share with you all! But look at the pretty mint green color!
Once it's the consistency you like, add in your scented oils. You can make the scent as strong as you'd like. With the citrus scrub, we had to use almost the entire 1 ounce bottle. However, when I made my mint scrub, I didn't have to use nearly as much.

And guess what... THAT'S IT! I packaged mine is little Ball jelly jars. I bought mine in a pack of 12 at Kroger for $9. That's the cheapest I've found them. I added a cute little label to the top and packaged it with a tiny little appetizer spoon to stir it.

My coworkers loved these little gifts! One of the girls I work with texted me to tell me that she made her dad try because it felt so good -- and he agreed!

If you're looking for a quick and easy gift, this is the way to go! If anything, make one for yourself! I know I had to keep one for myself!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment: